CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE
CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL
CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT
What Student's Say
QUESTION PEOPLE ASKS
Exams are proctored, timed, and delivered in a secure environment. Most exams last approximately one to two hours. Lab exams typically last eight hours. Lab exams are Pass/Fail and results are available online (using login) within 48 hours.
- Candidates must acknowledge the Cisco Certifications and Confidentiality Agreementonline at the authorized testing center prior to taking any Cisco Certification exam. Candidates who do not agree will not be able to proceed with the exam and a refund will not be provided. Signing this legal agreement is required.
- An Exam Tutorialis available to demonstrate the various question formats.
- Candidates will be provided with an erasable note board and marker for notes and calculations to assist them as they answer the questions.
- At the completion of the testing session, candidates will receive a score report that includes a score breakout by exam section and the passing score for the given exam.
You can usually schedule an exam up to six weeks in advance and as late as the same day.
- For exams other than CCIE lab exams, schedule your exam at Pearson VUE. Visit the Exam Registration Informationpage for details.
- For CCIE Lab Exams, visit the CCIE website.
- Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of 5 calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
- Candidates who fail any CCIE or CCDE written exam must wait for a period of 15 calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before retaking the same exam.
For Cisco exams
Pearson VUE administers all Cisco exams except CCIE lab exams. Pearson VUE offers two ways to pay for an exam:
- Use your credit card in the Pearson VUE registration system
- Prepay for your exam before you schedule it by purchasing an exam voucherusing your Cisco Learning Credits
CCIE lab exams
CCIE Lab exam payment, cost and registration information is found on our CCIE Book Your Exam resource page.
Exam vouchers – Learning Credits
Cisco customers and learning partners can redeem their Cisco Learning Credits for certification exam vouchers.
- Every written proctored exam passed equals a Specialist certification.
- Within 24 hours of passing your certifying exam you will receive an email advising you on the next steps. You must complete the steps to trigger the fulfillment process.
- The Cisco Certification Tracking Systemrecords exam and certification status. Keep your contact information up to date to receive notifications about your certification.
- After you’re certified, you will be authorized to use the Cisco Certification logo that identifies your status. Before using a logo, you must read and acknowledge the Cisco Certifications Logo Agreement. You can download logos through the Certifications Tracking System.
Visit our Certification Fulfillment and Benefits page to learn more about the certification fulfillment process and the benefits you’ll receive.
- Exam expiration dates help us make sure that candidates complete multi-exam certifications within a given time frame.
- Exams for associate, specialist and professional level certifications are valid for three years from the date you pass.
- For CCIE written exam expiration information, visit the CCIE Exam Information