Our programming session promotes problem-solving skills—important in all areas of life. The beauty of being a programmer is that you can create something new. Think about it: You come up with an idea and use your keyboard for a couple of hours, and a new software project comes to life! Like any new skill. However, programming takes practice. Along the way, you’ll most likely make mistakes—but don’t give up. Take time to reflect on the concepts and experiment with different techniques until you master them. And then move on to learn the next level.
What you will learn:
At course completion of the training students will be able to:
- Have an understanding of scratch and it applications
- Make interactive stories
- Make game score and signify that the game is over when a specified score is reached
- Demonstrate their knowledge of four operations, random numbers, comparing numbers, logic and logical arguments.
- Create and use variables.
- Showcase individual project
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone eager to explore computer science.
- You will learn the fundamentals of programming.
- You do not need a prior programming experience and, for the most part, no mathematics beyond what is taught in high school.
- Above 6 Years & Above
Method of Training
Physical (Kits will be available) and Virtual (Kits will be provided by student)
What Parents are Saying
Got a Question?
Here are some of the most common questions, along with the complete answers from our support experts.
At New Horizons Nigeria, the main tools we use in training kids in game development with little or no coding are Roblox studio and Scratch.
According to our research, Game dev has been discovered as a support tool to complement traditional teaching methods to improve the learning experience, adaptation, problem solving, critical thinking skills, creativity and ability of kids to teamwork.
After their training with us, Students would be able to design their own game from scratch, they will have a real game that is playable on mobile devices, launchable and downloadable on Playstores, that they made themselves.
We start from age 6 because we believe that at this age the child is able to use a computer independently
Enrich your child's life today.
1, Oba-Akran Road, (Adebayo Akande Centre), Ikeja, Lagos State.