ITIL® is the world’s leading best practice framework for implementing IT Service Management. ITIL version 4 introduces IT Service Management through the lens of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end view of how to successfully contribute to business value, and also how to leverage concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile, DevOps and Organizational Change Management.
This foundational course immerses you in the guiding principles, dimensions, and practices of ITIL® 4.
New Horizons is committed to your success beyond the classroom.
What’s the difference between ITIL v3 and ITIL 4?
In a nutshell, ITIL v3 describes Service Management around 26 processes and functions that are part of a continuous process of 5 life cycles: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. All of the v3 body of knowledge is still very worthwhile and relevant!
By completion of this course, you will have a deep understanding of the 7 Guiding Principles, 4 Dimensions of Service Management, 34 ITIL® Practices, and the new Value Service Chain that incorporate the core of ITIL® version 4.
At the end of this course, attendees will have an understanding of the following:
- High level overview of ITIL v4’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organizational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value.
- ITIL 4 Overview.
- Key Concepts Of ITIL.
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management.
- The ITIL Service Value System (Svs).
- The ITIL Guiding Principles.