Learn about Data Analytics and gain an understanding of the data ecosystem, the process and lifecycle of data analytics, career opportunities, and the different learning paths you can take to be a Data Analyst.
This course will introduce you into the concepts of data analysis, the role of a Data Analyst, and the tools that are used to perform daily functions. You will gain an understanding of the data ecosystem and the fundamentals of data analysis, such as data gathering or data mining. You will then learn the soft skills that are required to effectively communicate your data to stakeholders, and how mastering these skills can give you the option to become a data driven decision maker.
This course will help you to differentiate between the roles of a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Data Engineer. You will learn the responsibilities of a Data Analyst and exactly what data analysis entails. You will be able to summarize the data ecosystem, such as databases and data warehouses. You will then uncover the major vendors within the data ecosystem and explore the various tools on-premise and in the cloud. Continue this exciting journey and discover Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark. By the end of this course you will be able to visualize the daily life of a Data Analyst, understand the different career paths that are available for data analytics, and identify the many resources available for mastering this profession.
What you'll learn
- Explain what Data Analytics is and the key steps in the Data Analytics process
- Differentiate between different data roles such as Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst
- Describe the different types of data structures, file formats, and sources of data
- Explain the use for different types of data repositories, the ETL process, and Big Data platforms
- Describe the process and tools for gathering data, wrangling data, mining and analyzing data, and visualizing data
- List the different career opportunities in Data Analysis and resources for getting skilled in this domain
- Demonstrate your understanding of gathering, wrangling, mining, analyzing, and visualizing data