This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server. This course covers server hardware installation and management, server administration, security and disaster recovery and troubleshooting. This course also prepares you to take the CompTIA Server+ examination.
In this course you will:
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, secure and support server hardware and software technologies
- Implement virtualization and storage solutions for local, enterprise and cloud environments
- Understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures
- Be familiar with industry terminology and concepts
- Understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment
- Use automation, scripting and virtualization to optimize server management
- Understand on-premise and hybrid server environments to accommodate both enterprise and small business needs
- Understand server administration and troubleshooting both on-premise and remotely
Be familiar with cloud computing concepts as they apply to server administration and maintenance.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+.
It is expected that, prior to taking this course, you have:
- A+ certified or equivalent knowledge.
- 24 months of hands-on experience working in a server environment.
Why Choose Us?
Hands-On Virtual Lab
Hands-on experience on New Horizons’ Labs to make your software training courses even more interactive and engaging.
Guarantee to run for all courses
Industry-recognized certification to add to your workforce values.
We create innovative training solutions that works for your business and we’ll account for the results.
Low downtime and high efficiency of On-site and Virtual-Live Online Training
Course content and learning method are customized to match to your company’s goals