20779-B: Analyzing Data with Excel
- The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore andextend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database.
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.